Saturday, May 28, 2005

Half Horse Half Slug

Picked up my race package for tomorrow's Shaughnessy 8 km run and ended up buying a pair of dri fit 'no show' Nike socks and Speed Laces. The speed laces are great! No more tying my shoelaces and a time saver for the tri! Also, bought a new pair of Nike shorts for the run tomorrow because it will be hot! My muscles are still sore as ever especially my arms and neck. This soreness has to be from the kayaking in addition to the Martial Arts. I'm having to move like a slug in order to not be in too much pain. My shoulder muscle started cramping up as I was parallel parking today...ugh! I've been drinking lots of water mixed with glutamine in hopes that it will minimize the pain but I'm sure I'll be running tomorrow with stiff muscles and it looks like I won't have anytime today to soak in the tub with epsom salts.

All this training is making me eat like a horse. 2 burgers in one meal is the norm now and I'm finding that I'm constantly hungry! (I'm eating like a horse whilst moving like a slug!)

Loaded up my ipod mini with new songs for tomorrow. I can't wait to run to the Contender Theme song. I'm more excited about that than the actual run itself! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google