Friday, July 15, 2005

Acupuncture & Cupping


Last night my back muscles were in so much pain, I decided I would need to go to the acupuncturist today to get some relief. I went to a different one than before....this must be like my fourth or fifth time having acupuncture done to me.....and today was quite tolerable...only 12 needles so not too bad....and I didn't feel nauseous or anything after. Even when the needles were stimulated I was pretty relaxed...in the past I've always been so tense and sweating. It could also be that this time I only had the needles on my back and not in some painful place like behind my knees! Gonna go for a few more sessions to get my knots sorted out. Oh and I had something new done to me today! It actually felt good....it's called cupping. She used this globe-like aparatus made out of glass and lit the inside of it with a lighter to burn the oxygen which creates a vacume. She then placed it onto my back and then my skin and superficial muscle layer is drawn into and held in the cup...she then lifts it up to pull the skin out and glides it all around my back. This stimulates circulation through the tissue. It's only slightly uncomfortable but its a good feeling 'coz my back felt nice and loose afterwards.

~lizPod is back from the dead?!...I dunno what's going on with her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google