Saturday, July 02, 2005

Ice Bath

Every year I really look forward to the training camp because it's the only time I get to train all day long intensively. It would be cool to stay at the Shaolin Temple and just train all day but this is as close to it as I can get for now.

After coming home from camp, I had my mind set on drawing an ICE BATH for myself. I read about Pro athletes doing this and I also saw the fighters do it in the Ultimate Fighter show. They needed to reduce their soreness so that they would be able to perform soon afterwards. I knew that this would be a good as time as ever to test this out. The coldness is supposed to chase the lactic acid build up in your muscles which causes the soreness after working out. I ran the tap at its coldest and added a bag of ice to it. Decided I would do some more sit-ups, push ups and kicks to warm up again. I immediately jumped in the tub 'coz I was scared I would chicken out if I thought about it too long. Screamed so loud when I got into it...it is quite a shocking feeling...my brother ran to my door and asked me if I was okay. I got in all the way so that my shoulders were completely under...I was breathing hard and it was so cold I felt I couldn't think straight....I wasn't sure if I was breathing hard from the pre-bath excercise or if it was from being so cold....so I felt like I was panicking!....I had to get out after maybe only 20-30 secs. Your feet and hands start to hurt. After coming out and warming up again, I decided to go back in. This time I was able to last longer. Afterwards my body felt pretty good. I felt like my blood was circulating all over....I think I'd do it again actually!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google