Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Point Sparring & Salsa Round 2

Today was point sparring in Martial Arts. My ankle started bothering me when running during warm-up so I had to stop. Still hurts from the last time I went to class. I missed a wk. and a half because of the stupid injuries. Hip seemed okay though. Still not back to normal but it's getting there. Jammed my fingers a bit today during touch sparring which needed icing. Oh and someone threw a spinning kick and brushed my nose. I asked him if he could see my face when he was throwing the kick and he said "yes" but I knew he couldn't because his back was turned when he threw it. It's always the same people who cause the injuries due to lack of control...this is the same guy who kicked me in the crotch!...Worst injury today was when Sachi got a spinning hook kick in the nose. Bleeding nose and could've turned into a broken nose if it was a little harder. She was injured by one of the guys who does not have much control-no surprise! There's maybe 3 or 4 guys like this in our class. Oh and the guy that kicked me in the crotch, he almost caused one of our classmates lose his eyesight. They were practicing with the Arnis sticks and whacked him in the eye. He couldn't see for a short period of time and it nearly detached his cornea. Ever since then, we always have to wear eye protective googles whenever we use the Arnis sticks now. Accidents are bound to happen when you're practicing this sport...it's the nature of it; but when training with guys who have limited control, it increases the chances of injuries unfortunately.

A less harmful activity was Salsa Dancing tonite at Atlantis again! I learnt how to Bachata a bit, Cha-Cha a bit, and I think it was the Merengue that I started doing with some guy. It's funny really...I pretend I know how to dance....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google