Interesting Facts
Today was my mom's surprise retirement party. Her good friends from work came and one friend even flew in from Montreal just for the party. All her friends from the YMCA where she is a run leader were there too! It was really nice to see my mom so happy surrounded by all these people who she has touched in some way or another. She introduced me to another run leader at the YMCA and he looked like he was around his 60's. He had started running 25 years ago and has ran 82 Marathons during this time! That is truly AMAZING!!! He gave me some tips and suggested I try the Delta 1/2 marathon since it is in Richmond and a good one to start with since it is on flat land.
My uncle has a scale in his gym downstairs so I weighed myself and to my surprise I only weighed 133 lbs. I thought I was closer to 140 but anyways, it also calculates your body fat percentage. Mine was at 23%! That means 23% of my body is made up of FAT! Yikes! The scale said that was average but whatever....my brother's fat percentage was only at 13%!
My hip is feeling better today. It's not fully functional but atleast I'm able to walk without any pain. Getting in and out of the car causes some discomfort as well as if I move it in certain positions but atleast I'm better than yesterday. That is great news I think! I'm going to have to cancel my bike ride with Jackie tomorrow but I'm really hoping that I will be back to normal by the end of the wk. so that I can go on a 23 km bike ride that's taking place in Richmond next wkend. I'll continue to take glutamine and rest it for now....
***UFC 53 was on tonight but I was not able to tape it :(


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home