Monday, June 20, 2005

Toronto Trip

Me and my mom went to Toronto this wkend to pick up my grandma coming in from Peru. I managed to get some training in...I swam in the hotel pool....but I was dissapointed when I saw how small it was. The picture on their website made it look much bigger! I did multiple laps of this pool that looked like maybe only 10-15 meters in length. I can't say how many laps I did because it was impossible to try and keep track. Was annoyed that I couldn't pick up any signals for the laptop and at nights I was way too tired to touch it so it was pretty much useless bringing it on the trip...this laptop is not light either!

Did some shopping on Queen Street West on the first day and walked passed Rick Campanelli doing interviews on the street outside the CHUM building. Also, they were setting up the outdoor stage and doing a sound check. I didn't know what this was all for until I found out the next day that it was for the Much Music Video Awards.

Shopped at Eaton Centre Mall Sunday and Monday.

Monday was chaotic. There was a labour dispute at the airport when we got back from the mall and so the bus wouldn't take us all the way to the airport. My poor grandma had to walk so far to get to the airport and she's eighty something years old and was out of breath. Also, there is no friggin' walkway or sidewalk and it was really hot that day. I had to walk with her so slowly. Pissed me off that my grandma had to go through that.

When we got to Terminal 1 people had been waiting hours and hours for shuttle buses and taxis. But no one was getting through the pickets. I told my grandma to stay inside Terminal 1 and decided to run all the way to Terminal 3 which is where we where staying at the Sheraton like 10 mins. away. By the time I got to Sheraton I was covered in sweat. Then my mom and I had to pack up our stuff and push the luggages back to Terminal 1 which is where our flight was supposed to depart at. I guess I'll consider the running and lugging the luggages up the hill as part of my tri training.

Some more pics I took on the trip:
Can someone tell me what buildings these are?

Inside subway & CN Tower

Dundas Station

Sunset from the airplane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google