Sunday, July 24, 2005

Danskin Run for Heart

Woke up at 7am to do the Danskin Run for Heart today...I'm so proud of myself that I was 1/2 hour early to pick up the race package and not late for the start of the race! Scenery wise, this is by far my most favourite run! The course was along the Jericho Beach sea wall...I made it a point to enjoy the view while I was running and it was also nice that part of the run went into the trees so we were able to run in the shade for a bit. I was really disappointed that I got cramps in my lower right side during the run though. I just looked it up on the internet....it's called side stitches and it's from my diaphragm muscle cramping up from not getting enough oxygen. I wasn't sure why I got this until now....it always seems to happen when I run too fast. I thought it was because I don't usually train for runs. I'm still not clear on whether or not the amount of training affects this......one website says that I need to practice deep breathing when I run. Expand my stomach when inhaling....this is not easy to do!
I took 36 mins. to finish the 5 km run....TOO SLOW!

~Today was a tiring day, we also filmed some scenes for Priorities 3 with Master Joe today. I had to wear a turtleneck sweater in this heat since Priorities 2 was filmed in October a couple of years ago and this was to be a continuation of a scene. It was way too hot for the running and falling scenes...

Recap:

1998 Nike 8 km Run - Time 49:15
1999 Vancouver Sun Run - Can no longer access results
1999 Nike 8 km Run - Time 50:46 (Mother/Daughter Team-Liz 50:46+Mom 51:28=1:42:14)
1999 MS Bike Tour 55 km - No results
1999 WARR 5 km Run - Can no longer access results
2000 Vancouver Sun Run 10 km - Can no longer access results
2001 MS Bike Tour 55 km - No results
2001 CIBC Run for the Cure 5 km - No results
2002 CIBC Run for the Cure 5 km - No results
2002 Fall Classic 5 km Run - Time 31:28
2003 Fall Classic 10 km Run - Time 1:05:47
2004 Vancouver Sun Run 10 km - Time 1:02:58
2004 Fall Classic 5 km Run - Time 39:26
2005 Shaughnessy 8 km - Time 55:11
2005 Danskin Run for Heart 5 km - Time 36:28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google