Knee Injury
Today in martial arts we worked on grappling (ground work). We learnt some techiniques for getting out of scarf hold and for getting out of someones guard. I'm going to just write some explanations down here so that I can remember them:
1. When someone has a scarf hold on you, then you push their face back towards your legs and you hook your leg over their head and push their body to the side.
2. When someone has a scarf hold on you and you can't get your head out
and you're not able to hook your foot over there body to get out, you get onto your knees and push them on their back.
3. When you're in someone's guard you grab their right hand with your left hand and with your right hand you grab their pant hem from under your left armpit and you step backwards causing them to spin out.
4. When you're in someone's guard, you put one knee on their knee and grab under the other leg...and if you're not able to push their leg out then you put the opposing hand from the knee to their shoulder and get into side control with your back facing them.
I think that was all we learnt and then we practiced them....after that we sparred on the ground for the rest of the class. On the last person I sparred with, I happened to get an injury. Arneil somehow dropped his knee with his body weight behind it onto the inside of my knee right beside my knee cap. Caused a sharp pain....and now it's swollen...it will take some time to heal but it's just that I have a 5km run on Sunday!....Ono gave me some comfrey oil to put on it after class...he says that it promotes healing at a much faster rate so I may pick some up for a few bucks tomorrow....I'm up for trying it since I really want to do the run.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home