Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Moxibustion


Today, in addition to regular acupuncture, I also had Moxibustion done to me. Moxibustion is a method whereby mugwort (artemesia vulgaris), or other herbs, is used to apply heat to an acupuncture point.
It is used to treat certain debilitating conditions as well as arthritis and pain. The heat warms the Qi and Blood in the channels and is therefore useful in the treatment and maintenance of health. What's cool is that I watched Shadow Boxers yesterday and there was a scene where Lucia Rijker had this done to her....and this was the first time I had ever seen this being done. She had one on each arm and one on each leg....but I had them all over my back. I could feel the needles getting warm....wasn't painful or anything. Then I had the cupping done to me again. She said I need a couple of more sessions to get rid of the knots. I felt better after this session but a little tired in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google