Sunday, June 05, 2005

Pure Passion

I just remembered on the weekend I was watching this news special they were doing on Marathon Runners. They showed people wobbling badly to the finish line with first aid attendants ready to catch them. They showed people who stopped running from the pain but swatted the first aid people away because they intended to keep on running. They also showed an old man completely collapsed and wheeled away quickly in a wheel chair once he reached the finish line. Also, this girl was shown being taken away on a stretcher. This kinda stuff brings tears to my eyes...I think it's because I'm witnessing pure passion. It's like when I watch the Olympics. I'm guaranteed to cry watching the Olympics! This stuff gets me so emotional...does this happen to other people? Almost every Contender episode made me cry too... probably all except for like 3??

This special on tv also showed athletes on a totally different level.....they talked about what they call ULTRA RUNNERS. Meaning marathons are not long enough distances for them. This one lady liked running 100 km! A marathon is about 42 km. This one guy says he can run for 20 hours straight with very little stopping to fill up on water and snacks. This is insane! They say it's like an addiction for them. This one guy showed his running shoes that looked like they were falling apart and they were only used once for running in the dessert in the Middle East somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google